Sunday, March 17, 2013

TeamBurris March Update



What are we doing with what God gave us?

One way we are answering this question...

The question above had surfaced recently in more ways I can count. A few weeks ago I took this picture as a took some personal time to prepare for the worship set I was leading at the YMCA retreat center in Estes Park, Colorado. The UTCBAND was there to encourage 130+ athletes from the area, that we as believers experience a bless life when we make life not about us but about God. ( John3:30)

These mountains say just that, I looked at them in awe of who God is as a creator, and how great they were in size, height and all the other things I could not wrap my head around compared to how small I am. My only response that morning and the last few weeks has been, God help me to know what you've given me and help me to use it for your glory.

It's an every day battle but I'm grateful God has positioned me to work on a campus to help college athletes know and walk with God. He has allowed me to step into an NBA arena to lead a short chapel so the guys can know and follow Jesus. God has given me rhythm, enough to play drums and lead and encourage others to worship God through song and dance. He's given me a wife and two kids to love and lead to know and follow Jesus.

But I am not perfect, and I need much prayer and boldness to help others I know follow Jesus. Would you pray for TeamBurris to max out our potential and do well with what God has given us? Thanks.



Did you see the movie Courageous? Do you remember Javier, the latin guy? Courageous was a great movie about men learning to take responsibility and lead in the roles they've been given.

 We had the privilege of having Robert Amaya who played Javier, share his testimony with our athletes during our weekly bible study series this month. 

This map reflects the many opportunities this year, we have had to share with athletes the gospel and God's truths through worship concerts, camps, retreats and campus ministry.

What's next? We will be making the trek from Florida to Colorado  to Texas and back to Florida this summer. We will run three one week camps, take seminary classes, attend a National Cru Conference go to a wedding, visit family and try to rest some.
-----------

A little over two years ago we needed to move and God put some friends in our path that would join TeamBurris by renting a home to us that was perfect for our family and life in ministry!

That time has come to an end and we will be moving out by April 1st. Pray that we would clearly know where God wants us next and for his provision for a new place come August.



We are so thankful you took the time to read our letter. Not a day goes by without us being thankful for you because God has used you, as part of TeamBurris, to provide for us to do the work we do. We continue to see God change lives and people choose to live for more, live for Gods plan and purposes.

Your prayers and financial gift fuel the opportunities to join God in redeeming the culture of sports. To give a monthly or one-time tax deductible gift click here.

Thanks again and may God be with you. Until next time,
Jason, Jenise, Zoe and Eli



No comments: